Traditional Cypriot Food
- Kleftiko – Tender lamb shank gentle cooked for hours in the traditional oven.
- Tavas – Tender lamb pieces roasted in a ceramic pot with a rich tomato sauce, bay leaves, herbs and lightly spiced.
- Kappamas – Lamb casserole simmered in a rich fresh tomato sauce,vegetables and herbs.
- Stifado – Pieces of beef stewed gently in red wine,onions and subtle pieces.
- Afelia – Grilled tender aromatic pork marinated in red dry wine and crushed coriander seeds.
- Moussaka – Thin layers of potatoes,aubergines,marrows,mincemeat with hints of local herbs topped with rich bechamel sauce.
- Keftedes – Cypriot meat balls – mincemeat,finely chopped parsley and onions, deep fried until golden brown.
- Dolmades – A mixture of rice, mincemeat and herbs, rolled in vine leafs and cooked in tomato sauce.
- Yemista – A traditional recipe for rice stuffed tomatoes and/or other vegetables that are baked, until soft and nicely browned.